6 Steps to PfCO
- Choose a venue and select a course date that works for you.
- Alternatively, use our course calendar to search by date.
- Get access to our ICARUS Resource Library and start learning at your own pace with hours of E-Learning videos and downloadable resources.
- Arrive for 9am on your booked date to sit your 2-day theory course with an ICARUS Instructor.
- Lunch and refreshments are provided on both days.
- At the end of the second day, you sit an invigilated 50 question multiple choice examination.
- The Pass Mark for the examination is 80%
- Arrive for 1300 on your booked date to sit your revision theory course and examination with an ICARUS Instructor.
- Refreshments are provided at the venue.
- At the end of the day you will sit an invigilated 50 question multiple choice examination.
- The Pass Mark for the examination is 80%.
- Book your practical assessment with your examiner for a mutually convenient date and time.
- Practice the required manoeuvres and plan for a Mock Commercial Task.
- Re-visit the ICARUS Resource Library for helpful videos and planning guides.
- The practical examination takes up-to 2 hours.
- If you are an ICARUS Pro student, this is now the time to contact our partnered consultants at Open Sky Consultancy so they can start your Operations Manual. You will receive an RFI form via email to complete.
- This can take up to 10 days to arrive.
- If you prefer to write your own Operations Manual, you can download a template from the ICARUS Resource Library.
- Send your Operations Manual as a PDF format only to our submissions department, who will read your manual to ensure that it is ready to be submitted to the CAA.
- Once your Operations Manual is approved, we sent you your NQE Recommendation Certificate that is required to send to the CAA during your application for PfCO.
- Watch out helpful CAA PfCO Application video and apply for your PfCO using their online application form.
- Pay £253 for your application to the CAA.
- Recieve your PfCO from the CAA within 28 working days.
- Fly commercially!