ICARUS TOP-UP COURSE
Training for Pilots with a current PPL to achieve your Permission for Commercial Operation (from the CAA) in the UK
What is the TOP UP COURSE?
For pilots with a current PPL, CPL, microlight or gliding qualification, military experience, or equivalent listed under CAP722 page 47 (check here), we offer a ‘top up' course. You will get access to our E-Learning platform with access to over 8 hours of video learning. There is no requirement to take a theory exam, but you will be required to perform an Operational Evaluation with your unmanned aircraft at a later date, like other ICARUS students.
Additionally, as part of our ‘Top-Up’ course, you’ll also get an Operations Manual provided by Open Sky Consulting, the UK’s experts in Operational Manuals and Safety Cases.
What is the timetable?
- Air Law
- Principles of Flight (PoF)
- Airspace and Operating Principles
- Operations Manual & Risk Assessment
- Human Factors
- Operator Responsibilities & Airmanship
- Li-Po Batteries
PRACTICAL TEST (included in course price - to be booked at a later date determined by pilot proficiency)
2 Hour AM/PM
- On-Site Survey & Risk Assessment
- Brief the instructor
- Practical Assesment
- Result & De-Brief
- Simply fill in the Return for Information form we send you and a consultant will contact you if they require any more information.
- Your Operations Manual will be delivered within 10 working days.