ICARUS STANDARD COURSE
2 days drone training to achieve your Permission for Commercial Operation (from the CAA) in the UK
What does this drone training course include?
- 2-day theory ground school.
- Refreshments and Lunch included at venue.
- Award of certificate upon passing theory course.
- Operations manual template, guidance and ops manual review.
- Closed book theory exam.
- Operational Evaluation (Flight Test) - booked on separate day.
- Support 9am-5pm Monday to Friday
What is the timetable?
Below is an outline of the ICARUS Theory Course syllabus; it shows the lessons you will undertake in order to learn the required information to be a competent and safe commercial operator. The theory course culminates with a multiple choice examination of 50 questions. The pass mark for the exam is 80% – but do not be phased by this! We will ensure that you have the required knowledge to pass the exam by the time you come to sit it.
9am - 5pm
- Intro & Air Law
- Principles of Flight (PoF)
- Airspace and Operating Principles
- Operations Manual & Risk Assessment
9am - 5pm
- Human Factors
- Operator Responsibilities & Airmanship
- Flight Planning
- Li-Po Batteries & UKLFS
PRACTICAL TEST (included in course price - to be booked at a later date determined by pilot proficiency)
2 Hour AM/PM
- On-Site Survey & Risk Assessment
- Brief the instructor
- Practical Assesment
- Result & De-Brief