Our ICARUS Drone Training in Oxford is hosted at The Manor House at Howbery Park, Wallingford in Oxfordshire. With ample parking and excellent connections to London, this idyllic location is ideally suited to complete your training to achieve your Permission for Commercial Operations (PfCO) from the CAA.
All prices quoted include VAT.
Ground School Address
The Manor House
Flight Assessment Address
Below is an outline of the ICARUS Theory Course syllabus; it shows the lessons you will undertake in order to learn the required information to be a competent and safe commercial operator. The theory course culminates with a multiple choice examination of 50 questions. The pass mark for the exam is 80% – but do not be phased by this! We will ensure that you have the required knowledge to pass the exam by the time you come to sit it.
9am - 5pm
- Intro & Air Law
- Principles of Flight (PoF)
- Airspace and Operating Principles
- Operations Manual & Risk Assessment
- Li-Po Batteries
9am - 5pm
- Human Factors
- Operator Responsibilities & Airmanship
- Flight Planning
- UKLFS & Collision Effects
Booked for a mutually convenient date
- Takes up to 2 hours
- On-Site Survey & Risk Assessment
- Brief the instructor
- Practical Assesment
- Result & De-Brief
Submit your Operations Manual
Completed in your own time or via OSC
- Template provided on ICARUS Resource Library
- Submit to ICARUS for review
+ 2 Day Instructor led training
- A Certified Instructor will guide you through the theoretical learning to gaining your Permission for Commercial Operations from the CAA.
- Our instructors have years of practical experience in the drone industry that you can draw from.
- You will sit a 50 question multiple choice examination at the end of the second day.
- You will get 1 hour to complete the examination
+ ICARUS Resource Library
- Instantly get access to hours of online learing and downloadable resources.
- The one-stop-shop for templates and guides to aide you on your course.
+ Refreshments and Lunch
- Lunch is provided on both days of the course
- Please notify the ICARUS team about any dietary requirements
- Complimentary Tea, Coffee & Water provided throughout the course
- A printed booklet will be provided to you when you attend the course. This is yours to take away
- You can also download a digital version of the Aide-memoire from the ICARUS Resource Library
+ Certificate upon passing Theory Course
- You will be issued your Theory Certification after passing the Theory Course.
- This is your first of 3 certificates you will receive
+ Operational Evaluation (Flight Test)
- When you have completed the Theory Course you can then book your Flight Test.
- The flight test is booked for a mutually convenient date (Monday-Friday only - subject to availibility)
- The flight test takes up-to 2 hours to complete
+ Free flight assessment insurance
- Flight Test Insurance provided by Coverdrone - T&Cs apply
+ Operations Manual Template, Guidance and Review
- You can find the Operations Manual Template in the ICARUS Resource Library.
- If you choose the ICARUS Pro Course, your Operations Manual will be completed by a professional consultant at Open Sky Consulting
- You will be taught what goes into the Operations Manual during the course.
- Once you have complete the Operations Manual you can submit it for review.
+ Support 9am-5pm Monday to Friday
- You will have phone and email support Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
- We will endevour to reply to urgent emails out of office hours
If you need more information or have ANY questions, just pop your details into the form below and one of the Team will get in touch ASAP to discuss your requirements.
We look forward to seeing you soon and helping kickstart your journey towards creating a successful drone business!